Monday, August 29, 2005

Back to the Bikes

I've been bad about posting. Especially anything about cycling (both of my bikes are in disrepair at the moment), but I got this message from Megan I thought I'd pass on:
Hi Emily,

I know you're up with looking out for cyclists and their safety. My friend (and friendster) Tom was doored recently (details below), resulting in a trip to the emergency room, a broken clavicle, and being out of work for a while (he's a gaffer, so he really counts on his clavicles). The jerk who did this to him left before the cops showed up. Tom just wants to get the guy's info. for help with insurance for not working, he's not even planning to sue. If you can think of any way to help (with the details below), that would be awesome.

Original message from Tom:
$500 reward for information leading to the positive identification of the yellow cab that doored a cyclist on 9th Ave btw. 45+46 on 8/19/05 at 5:10 PM. Passenger side rear door would not close properly afterward.

I am not going to sue him. This will be a simple no-fault insurance issue. I cannot work for three months. Please help.

Thanks,

Tom 917-531-5326
tguiney@verizon.net
More coverage on his girlfriend's blog.